Questions For the Department of Public Works (DPW)?
Email Department of Public Works (DPW)
Call the Department of Public Works: 732-446-9235 Ext. 8
The Department of Public Works (DPW) is responsible for the maintenance of good working order of our streets, public ground and public parks (Ex. Sanford Park and Lake Weamaconk). If you are having an issue with such matters, please contact the DPW so that it can be addressed.
For fallen trees, power lines, telephone poles; etc., please call:
Englishtown Police Department: (732) 446-7000 / EMERGENCY – 911 (They will help keep the public safe)
DPW team: 732-446-9235 Ext. 8 (They will help with the utilities and roads)
JCPL / First Energy: 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877)
Do not attempt to touch or move any fallen wires of any kind!
For matters concerning garbage and recycling pick-up, please click here.
UPDATED MATERIAL FOR LEAF, BRUSH AND RECYCLING
BOROUGH OF ENGLISHTOWN ACCEPTED RECYCLING ITEMS (April 2022)
- Brush in front of house cut in lengths no longer than 3 feet and no more than 3” in diameter. Only collected in April, July, & October
- Brush that is not cut or not at the curb WILL NOT be picked up
- Loose leaves at the curb (Seasonal – November, December & April)
- Recyclable items (and only recyclable items) can be disposed in dumpsters behind the Borough Hall. NOT GARBAGE
- TV’s and electronics will NOT be picked up at a residence but must be brought to an appropriate recycling facility. Please see: https://www.countyoffice.org/nj-monmouth-county-recycling/
- For the Monmouth County Recycling Guide https://www.co.monmouth.nj.us/documents/70/2021_Recycling_Guide.pdf
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO BE DROPPED OFF AT BOROUGH HALL AND WILL NOT BE PICKED UP
- Road gravel
- Grass Clippings
- No metal scraps
- Paint cans cannot be dropped off but garbage will accept if lids are off and paint is completely dry
- Construction debris of any kind
- Concrete, brick, asphalt, block
- Any electronics, TVs, speakers; etc., of any kind
- Household trash items ARE NOT to be put in any dumpster at Borough Hall
- No “white” appliances: Refrigerators, freezers, dish washers, clothes dryers