NON – EMERGENCY POLICE DISPATCH 732-446-7000
Residential Property Owner & Tenant or Commercial Property Owner & Lessee,
Our mission in Code Enforcement, is to attain compliance with the Ordinance or Code of the Borough of Englishtown, NJ, regarding land use regulations and the maintenance of homes and premises through education, cooperation, enforcement, and abatement to achieve a cleaner, healthier, and safer Borough of Englishtown.
To keep Englishtown clean, healthy, and aesthetically pleasing to all residents, business owners and visitors, Code Enforcement is tasked with the responsibility of ensuring compliance of all Borough of Englishtown revised general codes, property maintenance codes, County, State laws and regulations.
Code Enforcement also strives to promote a higher quality of life by promoting awareness and compliance with borough codes to stabilize and reverse the deterioration of neighborhoods and business districts. Citizens are encouraged to foster a strong sense of civic pride and voluntarily comply with borough ordinances. Those failing to maintain their properties in compliance with borough codes pose a risk of a violation, court appearance and fine.
- Premises Identification, buildings shall have approved address numbers placed in a position to be plainly legible.
- Trash and Debris – homeowners and tenants are responsible for maintaining all property grounds free of junk, trash, and debris – this includes the storage of any furniture not intended for outdoor use, appliances, tires, tv’s of similar items.
- NO Grass or Weeds higher than ten inches. Please cut it and leave it. Do not place in the roadway. Tree trimming, clear shrubs, limbs, and branches from public right-of-way at least 80 inches over sidewalks and 14 feet over roadways.
- Sidewalks maintained free of all potential tripping hazards. Weeding and trimming of the cracks and curb line.
- Borough trash and recycling issues. Garbage cans not being left out for days. Bring in the night of pick up.
- Inoperable, unlicensed, disabled, and abandoned motor vehicles or machinery for a period of two weeks.
- Snow removal from sidewalks within 12 hours of the cessation of the storm.
- Water that is collected from roof drains, sump pumps, pools, and other potential hazardous collecting devices that would be a health concern.
- Swimming Pools shall be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition. And in good repair.
- Lawn signs not permitted within the business district and residential areas, advertising businesses.
- Vacant or abandoned properties, residential or commercial buildings.
- Grass Cut It and Leave It
- Mosquito Habitat Checklist
- Vegetation Control
- Vacant and Abandoned Properties
- Motor Vehicles
Report a Code Violation
NON – EMERGENCY POLICE DISPATCH 732-446-7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org