Englishtown Borough currently is served by one commercial trash hauler for trash pick-up and recycling: Suburban/Rosselle: 973-227-7020
We firmly support Monmouth County’s desire to relieve the pressure on our solid waste dumps by the increased recycling of reusable materials. The current list of recyclables that must be removed from the solid waste stream include the following:
- Grass-clippings and leaves
- Asphalt roofing tiles
- White items (Kitchen appliances such as refrigerators, washing machines, dishwashers; etc.)
- Aluminum, bi-metal, and tin cans
- All colors of glass bottles
- Corrugated cardboard
- Mixed paper
The Borough Recycling Coordinator is available to answer any of your questions, and has the responsibility of insuring that the above items are not disposed of with ordinary household waste. The coordinator has the authority to issue administrative summons to those residents who do not comply with the Borough Recycling ordinance.
Garbage is picked up twice a week on Tuesday and Friday from the curbside.
One (1) bulk item per household will be picked up with the Friday collection. A bulk item must be able to be lifted into the sanitation truck. Examples include 1 mattress or 1 box spring (not together); 1 headboard; etc.
No appliances of any kind will be accepted (No TVs, stereos, computers, monitors, refrigerators, washers, dryers; etc.)
Please, no engines, or gasoline-powered equipment of any kind.
Recycling pick-up schedule:
We have a co-mingled recycling program:All glass and plastic bottles, as well as all types of cans, can be collected in one container, not to exceed 32 gallons, for curbside collection every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month. Please do not place recyclable items in plastic bags.
- Newspapers should be set-out in bundles (they can be put in paper bags).
- Mixed paper, such as computer paper, copy paper, and other business type paper can be dropped-off at the municipal complex in the appropriately marked bins, weekdays between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
- Telephone books, corrugated cardboard, and tires can also be brought to the municipal complex on weekdays between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
- Motor oil should be brought to any nearby gasoline service station.
- White appliances (refrigerators, washing machines, et. al) cannot be left at the curb. There is no drop-off fee if you bring your kitchen appliances to:
Beacon Scrap Metal Company Inc.
215 Throckmorton St, Freehold, NJ 07728
- Beacon Scrap Metal Company Inc. will also take scrap metal, BBQs, lawn mowers, snow blowers, bicycles; etc. Beacon will also take wire, cables, brass; etc.
- Household Batteries are to be thrown out with your regular garbage… They are no longer recycled.
- The Borough of Englishtown no longer has a curbside tire pickup. Tires can be brought to the Monmouth County Reclamation Center located at 6000 Asbury Ave, Tinton Falls, NJ 07753 (west of Shafto Road).
- Leaves are picked up the last Monday of October and each Monday in November. The Public Works Department will not collect leaves if they are in plastic bags.
- Live Christmas trees without decoration will be picked-up daily during the month of January.
- Copies of the Monmouth County Recycling Directory newspapers are available at Borough Hall.
Branches/Brush Pickup Requirements:
- Homeowners are responsible for all landscaping debris (pruned shrubs, grass clippings, foliage, bushes; etc,). Private landscaping companies and/or the home owner is responsible for removing all lawn maintenance/landscaping-related debris.
- The Borough is responsible for storm-related and/or naturally occurring debris only.
- Brush must be neatly stacked.
- Leaves, trash or wood must not be mixed in with brush.
- Dirt encrusted root balls and trunks will not be picked up.
- Branches must be bundled and measure not more than 63 feet in length and 3 inches in diameter in order to be picked up.
- Vines must be cut in sections of 4 feet or less.
- All brush must be placed along the curb line or edge of the road where no curb exists.
- Grass clippings will not be picked up.