All Englishtown Borough Residents and Businesses are eligible to enter
– Prize to be awarded to the winner
– Winner will be announced at 3pm at the Englishtown Halloween Party on Saturday, 10/21 (do not need to be present to win)
Cost per scarecrow entry is $10
– Covers the cost of material for the frame and display – all other material to be provided by entrant. All scarecrows must use the frame provided for the internal structure. Consider the weather and use stuffing materials that can stand up to rain/wind (no straw stuffing, please – plastic bags and bubble wrap make great stuffing). Keep designs tasteful. Each scarecrow will be assigned a number; be sure to display the number on your scarecrow, as this is how residents will vote for their favorite
– Sign up and payment by cash or check, payable to Borough of Englishtown, can be turned in to the Borough Clerk, during business hours or call/text Kim at 856-240-0271 to make arrangements to pick up your frame outside of business hours.
Entry deadline is 4pm on Monday, 10/9
Completed Scarecrows must be turned in at Englishtown Borough Hall between Monday, 10/9 and no later than 4pm on Friday, 10/13
Scarecrows will be on display from Saturday, 10/14 through Sunday, 10/29
– Voting period will be from Saturday, 10/14 through Thursday, 10/19
At the end of the display period, scarecrows can be picked up during business hours at Englishtown Borough Hall from Monday, 10/30 through Friday, 11/3.
– Any scarecrows not picked up by the end of the day on 11/3 will be discarded.